Saturday, August 7, 2010

My lawyer sent my law suite to the MLD- silicosis cases. Can anyone tell me what MLD stands for?

The first two cases were settled and now they don't want to settle with me, the other two guys worked for the same company that I did at the same time and they both came down with the same fatel deaseas I have. Their cases were settled within two years. Time is not on my side.My lawyer sent my law suite to the MLD- silicosis cases. Can anyone tell me what MLD stands for?
MDL = Multi-District LitigationMy lawyer sent my law suite to the MLD- silicosis cases. Can anyone tell me what MLD stands for?
Medical Law Division
Get on the phone to your lawyer right now and demand to be told what it means.





Tell them you don't understand, and that they owe you however much time it takes to explain it until you DO understand.





Find out from them the name of the attorney who is now handling your case. Find out what motions, if any, are being filed to speed your case along because of your mortal illness.





If you told us what state you were in, I could tell you the name of the government group which controls lawyers there. If your lawyers do not respond to your questions, you can threaten to report them.





Since you didn't tell us the state, all I can say is call your state bar association (in the phone book in your state capitol) and ask them for the proper name and address of your state's agency in charge of attorney discipline.





I am very sorry about your illness and hope this is resolved quickly.





PS: I'm sorry, but I think every guess given so far about the meaning of ';MLD'; is mistaken. Ask your lawyer to tell you what it really stands for.
Medically Licensed Doctors?
Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD)





MLD is inherited in an autosomal recessive manner, and is most commonly caused by a mutation in a gene called arylsulfatase A (ASA), also called sulfatide sulfatase. The protein produced by ASA is present in the lysosome, a compartment of the cell that specializes in general “cleanup” of the cell. You may hear MLD referred to as a lysosomal storage disorder, since ASA is a lysosomal enzyme. MLD can also be caused by a defect in Saposin B (also referred to as the cerebroside sulfate activator), which is a protein required for ASA to work properly.





Currently, the only treatment for MLD is bone marrow transplantation; this means that cells that produce normal ASA are introduced into the patient, and the normal ASA protein is then taken up into the deficient cells, allowing sulfatides in those cells to be broken down. However, this is only useful for those who are pre-symptomatic or those with very mild neurological manifestations. This highlights the importance of testing asymptomatic brothers and sisters of patients who have MLD. This treatment can slow the disease progress and increase the quality of life for the patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment