Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recent shield law cases?

I'm writing a paper and I'm trying to find some recent cases involving confidential sources and shield laws in journalism. I'm already using information about Judith Miller and Josh Wolf, but I need at least one that's from within the past few months--preferably one that hasn't been settled yet. I don't need any info, just names of people or the case itself so I can do some research. Thanks in advance for any help!Recent shield law cases?
Here is one





http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/kobe鈥?/a>Recent shield law cases?
You may be interested in the recent federal shield law which passed the House and Senate Judiciary Committee (it's awaiting a full Senate vote) includes protection for ';non-casual'; bloggers, which may or may not have applied to Wolf. I believe it's included in H.R. 2102.





Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment