Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where can I look up information on law firms? Previous cases, etc!?

I have a list of all my local law firms and I want to send them a resume. I need to gather some information about them so that I can send a cover letter as well. I don't know the web site for any of them and when I google them all I get is directions! Any suggestions?Where can I look up information on law firms? Previous cases, etc!?
Go to your local law library and ask for the reference librarian, they will help you. First, they will point you to Martindale-Hubbel - it will list the firms, associates+partners and the type of law they practice. You will also probably need Westlaw or LexisNexis - I think you could do the search in the hard copy books, but it might be tough.





It will take some work...What are you applying for anyhow? Also, what may help, if they are willing, is the career counselor in the law school - they know the different firms, etc...Where can I look up information on law firms? Previous cases, etc!?
lexis nexis and westlaw are def good places to start... but you should have gotten the details from their websites. just play around on the sites and you should find their grad recruitment programmes; contact details; HR depts; available positions; etc


also, sounds silly, but try the phone book ;-)
If you are a law student, use your Lexis or Westlaw access to search those two databases. You can find information on attorneys/firms, such as the percentage of cases they practice in, which cases they have won/lost, etc.
  • bella cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment